Whether through dramaturgy, consulting, or in more formal educational settings, Alice loves to help shape new work. Read some recs here!
- DRAMATURGY – Alice studied dramaturgy under the great Gitta Honegger. When developing new work for the stage, Alice works to balance the writer/director’s goals and the audience’s needs while under the limitations of production. Alice dramaturged projects in their first moments of creative conception, helping hone and mold playwrights’ gigantic ideas, and she has also advised with a light touch on nearly finished productions. Credits include for THE MOUNTAIN DIGBY (Hudson Mainstage Theatre), THIRTY YEAR OLD VIRGO (Edinburgh Festival Fringe, The Annoyance), EVERYWHERE, EVERYWHERE (The Pendulum), EAT YOUR HEART OUT (STAGE 773), and more.
- SCRIPT CONSULTANT – Alice has read and given feedback for countless new stage and screen scripts. She has helped writers develop/tighten/clarify/proof original plays, sketches, pilots, and features. Contact for price quotes and supportive blurbs. She has worked with all levels of writers–from first time sketch comics to Oscar and Emmy winners.
TEACHING ARTISTRY CREDITS
- TAUGHT Improv and Musical Theatre for Mudlark Theatre‘s after-school and summer camp programs. (Featured in TYA Today.)
- Former EDUCATION DIRECTOR and Teaching Artist for Silk Road Rising‘s CPS outreach program EPIC.
- Volunteer FIELD TRIP INSTRUCTOR and EDITOR for 826 Chicago & LA.
- TUTORED writing for NEW MEXICO STATE PENITENTIARY.
- Led POETRY WORKSHOPS at a battered women’s shelter in rural IL.
- Led IMPROV WORKSHOPS including aboard The Norwegian Dawn for THE SECOND CITY and several writing conferences.
- CREATED and led a program for high school girl groups to bond through comedy.
- ADJUNCT PROFESSOR of IMPROV 101, THEATRE HISTORY, DIVERSITY IN AMERICAN THEATRE, and ENGLISH 101 for CHICAGO CITY COLLEGES.
- TEACHING ASSISTANT for IMPROV LAB, INTRO TO SCREENWRITING, INTRO TO PLAYWRITING, and FILM ETHICS at ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY
- FINALIST for ASU’s SPECIAL TEACHING AWARD in 2013 and the Chicago City College’s TEACHER OF THE MONTH in 2016.